Wednesday 16 February 2022

VILLAGE MEETING (MEETING ỤMỤNNA) PART FOUR By Tobe Eze

 


YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND ME PLEASE. IT IS NOT MY FAULT

Lekwanu ndị mmadụ ooooo. You want me to be having village meeting when exams were after my life. Exam no be my mate, but na me find trouble, na me accepted to study. Anyways, thank God I have finished and I am back for our meeting to continue. We shall start this meeting with my experience during this exam period. Before I continue, biko, congratulate me for it was not easy for me at all.

This my guy from the same umunna called me two times but I missed the two calls in one day during this exam period. When I came in around 10:56pm, I told myself that it was late to return the call that day that I will call him tomorrow. The tomorrow came and I had two papers, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. After the two papers which were not all that easy for me, I forgot to return the call and continued preparing for the next paper. After two days, he sent me a message via WhatsApp and told me, “Tobe, what you are doing is not good but no problem. God is watching.” I tried to explain to him but he could not give me the opportunity. I tried all my best but he had already taken a decision. It pained me seriously but I was left with a tiny option. In my mind, I was telling myself that this guy suppose to understand me. Why is he saying all these? Kamu biakwa before I will give conclusion. Continue Reading...........

There is this cousin of mine that has started picking money. He is getting rich gradually and we are very happy. Before we started exams, I requested for his financial help and he could not respond to it immediately. I tried all I could to convince him but he insisted that he had no available fund. He also tried to make me understand the situation he was (is) facing but in my mind, I insisted though I told him that I have understood him. After a week or two, my elder brother visited him where he is living in Enugu. After the visit, my elder brother called me and told me to pray for Chika that he is not finding life easy at all. That many things are happening around him. I did not know all these but he wanted me to understand him which I could not. Kamu biakwa also.

My bossom friend was sick, she told me about it, this exam period also. It really touched me and I felt for her and prayed hard for her recovery. The problem here is that I was not asking her about the health regularly. So when I asked, she was already angry with me and was answering from a bitter heart. When she got well, I asked her again and she told me that “By now you would have hear, we lost her because of the breath cutting but I thank God for using my friends prayers and their phone calls, to work magic on drugs.” Immediately I felt she was trying to tell me that I was not caring for nothing calling her on phone to check on her. I was trying to achieve the fact that she would have understood me without knowing that I was already misunderstanding her. She expected me to understand her but I could not understand her. Conclusion kana abịa.

Today that I finished exams, I was posting many things on my status to thank God for the grace. One of my wonderful friends joined in the joy and I appreciated that. After that, she told me to make her join me fully in the celebration by sending her 1k for her to join her colleagues for an outstanding. I tried to explain to her that I am broke but she was not close to understanding me. I tried to screenshot my First Bank mobile app statement of my account to send but First Bank does not permit that again. I used USSD code to get my account statement and sent to her. She could not also understand with me and said Hmmm. I expected her to understand me but, the conclusion will come later.

Conclusions

In the first encounter, brother from the same umunna expected my call which supposed to be the right thing. I forgot it which I accepted as my mistake but he could not give me the second chance. My brother, if you know exactly what I passed through within these 16 days, you would have clearly understood me and given me that chance. You are not in my shoes, do not conclude biko.

Chika is passing through a lot which he did not tell me because he did not want his personal problems to disturb me in my exams but I could not understand him. He promised me that I will hear from him very soon but I took it as a political statement. I am not in his shoes, I should have understood him but I failed. Many times we presume that people are living big without knowing what they are passing through. Chika I am sorry for misunderstanding you and I will continue to pray for you.

I expected my friend to understand me and she expected me to understand her and two of us got it wrong. Had it been I took time to understand her message, I would not have responded the way I did. I am sorry for that. Had it been she took time and said that this should have not been my reply and explained further than calling me all sorts of names, we would have understood each other. Before you conclude on any message, make effort to understand it, do not let your failure be your judge for that was what happened to me and I could not understand her. She should also have understood me that my intellect has been very busy and would not get home everything.

My dearest friend needed to go and catch cruise with her friends and needed only 1k. It is a small money which any guy of my age should afford but I could not. I understand her for not finding it easy to understand me, it is normal. What she failed to understand is that I am not working, I live on people’s charity. This charity is not regular, at a point, I can go empty like this period we paid every debt in school, sometimes I can have enough. I am just trying to tell her that I need charity in other to afford that 1k, I am not working so, I am not sure of getting that but I have hope. She should bear with me and understand me.

If we put others in the situation we would always want others to put us, we will start to understand people when they do things we did not expect them to do and we will be able to make sincere amendments. I am not justifying abnormalities but I am just trying to strike a balance. Let us have meeting umunna and look into these, they will help us. Always pray for the spirit of understanding, I have been praying for that and I will continue to pray for that. Join me in it and we shall better our world. Instead of running or jumping into conclusions, pray for a better situation. Thanks. Bikọ sị mụ daalụ n' odiro easy to finish first semester exams.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations my beloved.greater you I pray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, more level to pass I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, more level to pass I pray.

    ReplyDelete