Monday 25 June 2018

MONDAY 16TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B.By Tobe Eze


MONDAY 16TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B.
1ST READING: MICAH 6:1-4. 6-8.
GOSPEL: MATTHEW 12:38-42
THEME: WHAT ELSE WILL GOD DO FOR US?
God in the first reading through the prophet Micah is asking us what again do we want from him. He has done many things for us but we have failed to recognize them.
Gospel also is following the same line. Some Jews asked Jesus for another sign when he had worked many wonders among them. I received a message through whatsApp one day which told a story about a rich man who fell sick and was rushed to the hospital. He used oxygen there. After his treatment, the bill was very high, when he asked why, he was told that it was because of the oxygen he used. The man started crying, he said, I am now 60 years old and since I was born, I have been using oxygen free but just for these two days I stayed here, I have to pay this amount for oxygen. He finally said, I AM OWING GOD.
Have we ever thought of all these free gifts of nature to us before asking God for more favours? ATR practitioners thank God, Ala, ancestors and their personal Chi every morning before doing anything. We Christians take them as candidates for hell. They may rise to condemn us on the last day or judgment day. We need to appreciate God for all he has done for us. He does not ask much from us. There is nothing that we will give him that will equate what he has done for us, what he is doing for us and what he will do for us. What else do we need from him? Remember some are lacking that which we have. To end with a story.
A man called Onumonu in my village. There was this holidays that I went home. I went to buy cement for my brother’s house that was under construction that time. I was to buy six bags and I was using lady’s motorcycle to carry them. I was carrying them two per a trip. I had to go there three times. When I was coming back for the first time, I met him with a cutlass, I stopped and greeted him and we discussed. He told me that he was going to get something for his goats. After the third one, I was washing the motorcycle when his two grandchildren came to my house crying. I scolded them for I knew them for doing that but they told me their father was dead. I thought it was their father not knowing that it was the man that I discussed with. When I rushed there, I saw him lying on a mat in his parlour. We rushed him to the hospital and the doctor confirmed him dead. What came to my mind that moment was just. I HAVE LIFE WHICH HE HAS NOT.  We have many things others do not have, we should thank God for them before asking for more. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment