Monday 25 June 2018

TUESDAY 17TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B. By Tobe Eze


TUESDAY 17TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B.
1ST READING: JEREMIAH 14:17B-22
GOSPEL: MATTHEW 13:36-43
THEME: GOD IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HEAR US.
In the first reading, the situation of the Israelites are being made known to us. Despite all forms of gods they followed, they could not give them joy that they wanted. It is only in the Lord that there is fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11). They were looking for where to get solution to their problems but could not find it. What a bad thing!
The apostles had their own problem of not getting clearly what the parable of the wheat and weed meant. Immediately they went to Jesus, their problem was solved because he is the only one who can hear, understand and feel with us in our situations. It was because of that that after looking at our situation, he decided to come down to live like us, die like us and to redeem us from our ugly situation.
When I was at Ibagwa-Aka, I was coming back from the parish house on Nkwo market day and Nkwo is their special market day. Three women were going home from market and one was discussing her husband. How bad the man is and how he treats her. She said that the man is not worthy of being a husband talk more of a father. I was using rolling on the motorcycle I was using and I was just following them at the back. When the other two reached their various houses, they left that one. I started my motorcycle and rushed her and asked her to enter. When I reached her house, I decided to pass, she shout for me to stop. I told her that I cannot stop for I wanted to take her to her father’s house so that he can leave that evil man. She told me No that it has not reached to that level. I told her, if it has not reached to that level, why were you selling your family so cheap to people who cannot help you?
None of those people we carry our troubles to will give us the solution except God. “Come to me all who are over laboured and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28)”. He is the only one who can hear us and understand us. Let us leave those godfathers, godmothers, godbrothers, godsisters and so on that give us vain hopes and come to Jesus who is the final solution to all our troubles. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment