Monday 25 June 2018

MONDAY 17TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B. By Tobe Eze


MONDAY 17TH WEEK IN ORDINARY TIME YEAR B.
1ST READING: JEREMIAH 13:1-11
GOSPEL: MATTHEW 13:31-35
THEME: SINS HAVE DEPRIVED US MANY THINGS.
I met a boy one day and gave him bread to eat, he collected it with joy. After three days, I saw him with biscuit and asked him to give me one and he refused out rightly. I could not understand him, then I went and bought that type of biscuit 2 and asked him to come and collect one. He rushed like a hungry dog but I did not give it to him. He cried heaven and earth but the cry did not touch me. Why this? In the first reading, from the drama that took place, we can see how God took his people but they made themselves useless before him. He planned to make them his people forever but they chose the wrong part of following other gods. I was just trying to make that small boy my friend but he failed me. What is that that our sins have deprived us? That boy’s selfishness deprived him other gifts from me.
The gospel came to tell us how we will be and where we will be if we remain in God and that is what sin is depriving us. Mustard seed that is very small growing to a big tree. We that are not recognized by men will at the end gain everlasting happiness. From another angle, that place people joke with, think it is very small, have many mansions for us to occupy. A man once told me that he will not work towards making heaven that all of us will not accommodate there. It is this kind of thing that makes us to sin always and loose that which is prepared for us. Had it been that small boy gave me that biscuit, I would not have taken it and also I would have bought more for him. If we leave sins that bring us condemnation as in the first reading, we will be great like in the gospel and we will occupy that position prepared for us in heaven. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment