Tuesday 26 October 2021

THEY SAID I AM STUPID By Tobe Eze

 THEY SAID I AM STUPID


Please, just read my own part of the stories of what happened that my very good friends had the gut to say that I am stupid.

I am a secondary school student, using a phone of or about ₦57,000, I subscribe it every month at least, ₦1,500. I get all the money from my parents. I told my friend how I get the money and he was not comfortable with me. Continue Reading.......

But I enjoy my phone, I take pictures, post online, chat with friends both far and near. Seriously, my phone is making me happy. After telling my friend all that I enjoy with the phone, he could only say that I am stupid. He went further to ask me, how many text books do I have, how many hours do I spend in reading. How many do I spend in chatting. He asked me too many questions. He even asked me, what do I think I need now as a secondary school student, that I am stupid. Please, am I stupid?

I am an undergraduate in first year in the university. I am a good looking girl. After seeing how people dress and enjoy in the university, I started making too much demands from my parents and relations. They are no longer supplying me as before and I need to maintain the standard that I have already created. How can I go down again to the lower levels. My friends and enemies will laugh at me. Instead of going down, what are all these boys in the school doing, I have to give what I have to get what I do not have. Worst comes to worst, even if it is Sugar Daddy, I will do it provided I do not disgrace myself. After telling my bossom friend, she said that I am stupid. Please, is she right?

I just got admission, I need to express this freedom that my parents have been denying me since. I have come to see the sweetness of night clubs, the joy of doings. It is now that I have come to understand that girls can also enjoy life. My brothers and sisters, friends were advising me not to enjoy life in the university, they are joking. The Christian brother that I fell in love before getting admission who has been monitoring me, it is now time to break up and enjoy new life. Boys give me money here without asking for it and he was not giving me any meaningful thing. In short, he is not my husband or even parents. He should back off let me enjoy life Biko. Chygirl, is this what you people have been enjoying since you got admission? “You are mad I think. Is this what you are here for?” This is just what she answered me, am I at fault?

I am a student in the university, living in the hostel. I wear good clothes and footwears. I am good in doings. I club very well, I can borrow money to do doings, provided I do not carry last. My phone is the latest in town. I seriously work for my money ooooooo, so, I do not depend on my parents, before you will say what I do not like. My parents are even poor, they are living in a thatched house. I even make money more than them. I feed better than them, so you cannot say that I am wasting their money. So, I am enjoying my money, boys and girls in the school know that I am onye doings. In my sincerity, I told my closet friend my story and he look at me and laughed. I asked and he told me. “Onye nzuzu. How much do you give your parents from your money.” Am I owing them? Is it not my money? I have the right to use my money the way I like. Please, I think he is wrong.

I am an average student living in a lodge with others. I have good clothes and footwears, I have a wonderful phone. I use standard things. I do doings for my friends. The only thing my friend had the gut to say that I am stupid is because. I always go to him to collect tissue paper. Because I am not used to buying it and most times I do forget and he said I am stupid. Because I borrow from him sugar and garri and even borrow from others, he said I am stupid. There is a level that I have reached that I cannot go and buy garri again. What will people say when they see me buying garri? No na, I do drink it oooo, but I cannot buy it Biko. That I do not buy tissue, garri, sugar, milk, tea etc and I have good clothes and footwears, I do doings very well do not mean that I am stupid biko. Bia, you are my friend but I know you are wrong in this one. Please, who is right and who is wrong here?

My parents could not train me in the university, so I left to learn business. I am now doing well and as a bachelor, I rented a flat, I bought everything wonderful and furnished the flat. I bought car recently. My friend came for us to celebrate it. He asked me if I would travel home this coming Christmas. I told him of course I must be home. Because he knows me very well, he knows my parents' house in the village, he asked me where I would park my car and where I would be sleeping (we do not have a good house in the village. But, that is not my headache now. I will still build house). I told him that I would be lodging in a hotel and he has been shouting in my house that I am stupid, that I am mad. He said I should have thought of building a house before buying a car. I should reduce how I do doings to save money. That I even do not need a flat as a bachelor, that I should have waited till I get married or about to get married. He said he is even ashamed of me and many other things he said. Bikonu, I think he is taking more than required, I earned the money and I have right to it. Why should he call me names?

Now, all these my friends are now in my house, they said I should ask you if they are right or wrong. So, I need your contributions on these points to know who is stupid between us.


1 comment:

  1. Well they're not entirely stupid.
    It's just that their thinking is just side based.
    Things in life should be balanced in my opinion

    ReplyDelete