Saturday 5 November 2022

ANOTHER SIDE OF THE STORY. By Tobe Eze

 


You see funny things about life, all these children of end time are now happy because I faced parents and elder brothers and sisters. Just know it that the story did not end there, another person has also come out with another story. We must have to listen to the two in order to get the judgment right.

Tobe Eze, I would not say that you are wrong but you still have to hear another side of the story for you to strike a balance. Judging from what you were presented with, you are very much right but I need to present another story for you so that you will take the final decision.

Tobe Eze, sincerely speaking, it was after one year of our father’s death that we realised how good that man was. We never knew that he was the best Father anyone could have on earth till after one year he left us. We made so many mistakes and he was not there again to help us solve them as he was doing and we were misunderstanding him. My father was a type that talks for a very long time. We are three in the family, two boys and a girl. The girl came last. We were born into a house where the fact that each time you commit something that he did not see as something very wonderful, he must call you at night to advise you. Each time my father called any of us, he would take serious time talking to you about the thing you have done and he would tell you the implications of what you have done, consequences of what you have done, and the things that may come out even unconsciously from them. Continue Reading......

Three of us were always complaining about how that man was taking people’s time. I would always complain, this man you can talk for Africa. My brother will always say talkative of world. And my sister will always say hmm, to have you as a father is to have a radio station as a father. So each time he called any of us in that manner, one person must say radio station or other person, talkative of Africa or honourable minister African speaking men and other names we normally gave him. My father died some years ago and then we started a life of no father. My mother could not advise us as my father was doing. After one year of his departure, I started noticing that many things that unconsciously I was not doing because I knew he must call me to advise me, I started doing all of them. And when I started doing them I saw that there were many negative implications following them. No person was there to advise me on how to do it. My brother also came back one day and was telling me, senior bro, have you noticed that I have been making several mistakes that I was not making when father was alive. Our sister from the inner room said, of course I have also noticed that I have changed negatively and it is very bad.

 Tobe Eze, I would not prolong this, so that you would not complain. Just know it that some of our parents, are really doing wonders in order to make us better, some of our elder brothers and sisters are working tooth and nail to see that we become better in the future but we, this generation’s children, end time children, are claiming that we know more than them and we see ourselves sinking without knowing that we are sinking. I must appreciate your write up on how parents, elder brothers and sisters normally cage the ones following them or their children but also see it from another point that some of them do not cage them out of malice rather they cage them in order to bring the best out of them.

My wonderful friend and follower, I sincerely thank you for this short story you have told me. Of course I am not ignorant of the fact that many parents are doing very well, many elder brothers and sisters are doing very well to see that those following them will become better and wonderful in life. I was only writing in order to curtail excesses because some parents, some eldest brothers and sisters lord it over those that are following them and make them to take everything they know, everything they think is good, hook line and sinker, which may not even work in this contemporary age. For instance, many things that worked in those days when these our parents and our elder brothers grew up are not working now. They were not using smartphones but we are using smartphones now. They may not understand everything about smartphone but they will like to complain about smartphones. I am not saying that they should not complain about excessive use of smartphones, I am only saying that they should not see smartphones as devil in the world, rather, they should apply the necessary tool that will help to train these children who are in the age of smartphones how best to use the smartphone. How will they do ? They should concentrate on the excessive use of it and not on the use of it. These parents and these brothers and sisters grew in the age where parents determine husbands and wives or people recommend husbands and wives to people but in this age people now check if there is compatibility between the person and the person whom he or she would end up forever as a family. In those days people were not marrying out of love but they married and then developed love, but these days people develop love before they marry because, marriage is a forever business. And some parents are still living in that idea of recommending people for their children and if the child refuses to accept that person or the idea of the parents as regards the person, automatically the child will become a bad child. I would also talk much but I want to advise people now.

As I previously advised parents and eldest brothers and sisters, I now advise all these computer age children. Never you see your parents or your elder brothers and sisters as enemies, they are not enemies, they are working for your betterment even if their ideas do not tally with your own idea. When they advise you, when they bark at you, when they coerce you to do certain things you may not be comfortable with, just know it that they are doing that out of their own experience, the age they exist or existed is influencing them and, you should understand them, you should also learn how to match the two because there must be positive things coming from there and match them with positive things you are living with in order to give out a better option or a better life. No sincere parent would like his or her children to waste. No also sincere elder brother or elder sister would like the junior ones to perish. All these they do are for the good of the family and for the good of you that they are advising, barking at you and coercing you are just for love. Even if you are trying to show them that their ideas are not working with yours, please do that in charity and love, do it in a way that they would understand you and not to show them that they are outdated. Do not show them that you know more than them. Do not show them that they are irrelevant. Do not show them that they are too archaic. Do not show them that they are wicked. Do not show them that they are irrational. Do not show them that they are inconsiderate. Show them that you love them. Even if they do not understand you, pray for them, one day, they will understand you. Thanks and Happy Weekend.

Fiction 

No comments:

Post a Comment