Saturday 25 November 2017

Solemnity of Christ the King Year A. By Tobe Eze

Solemnity of Christ the King Year A.
FIRST READING
Ezekiel 34:11—12, 15—17
SECOND READING
1 Corinthians 15:20—26, 28
GOSPEL
Matthew 25:31—46
THEME: KING WITH DIFFERENCE.
I was one of those who has zero percent in music, singing, dancing, beating, playing and think of anything in music, I know nothing in it. In my first year in my school, I was nobody in music especially our Ikorodo cultural dance. In my second year I made serious effort to upgrade and I was a little bit recognized, finally in my third year I was a star in the area of singing in Ikorodo. In my first and second year, anytime we have anything to perform, I always go on time to get the costume that I will wear for I knew that if I don’t go on time I may miss the chance of performing in that occasion. In my year three when I noticed that without me, the singing department will have problem, pride came over me. I go late, they will start looking for me everywhere and they will keep my cloth for me even when others have none. Why am I telling this story? Just that I am being recognized, I started misbehaving. What of God who is all in all who is yet to misbehave? King that promised to come and serve his subjects and did so. Continue Reading............................................

Who are you that you will always like to be served? Who am I that I always like to command authority? You do this, another do that. God said in the first reading that he is coming down to serve his people instead of them serving him. He is coming to take care of his sheep by his own hand. We should take care of the people and things under us not always liking to Lord it over the people in under us.
Even if I will serve, I will not serve this particular group of persons. Jesus died for all, both dead and the living. Since Adam did not fear and allowed sin to come to earth through and Jesus himself did not also fear to suffered and died for life and salvation to reach us, so we should not also fear to make the good news of Christ to reach to the ends of the earth through our behaviours to or towards others.
In the Gospel, the Almighty King is on the throne judging his subjects. Whatever you do to the least of my brethren that you do into me. Try and fix others in your program for our neighbours are the Christ we can see. Christ will not come again in flesh and blood for you to see him again and recognize him as Christ again rather he is always with us in our neighbours.
Today that we are celebrating Christ the King, how do you show people that Christ is your King? Today is not a day of folding hands in prayers but a day of opening hands in prayers. Shout with your loud voice, sing, clap, dance jump and do many other joyful things today to show the world how happy you are with your king Christ the Lord. He has led you thus far from Christ the king last year to this year's own. Some followed in last year’s own but are no more to witness this year’s own. It is not that you are too righteous that made you to see today again but he is a good and perfect King who takes care of his people with mercy and love. He who denies me before men, I will deny him before my father…………. Do not deny him today rather show the whole world that he is your king, Lord and Master. Who is the king of Glory as the Psalm asks, Christ is the King of Glory.

As we acclaim him the king today, let us also remember that it is very necessary to forgive others as we celebrate Christ the king today. It is also necessary to come down to earth in our relationship with others both those above us and those below us. He promised in the first reading that he will come and he fulfilled it in the New Testament and did marvelous work in the second reading of dying for the living and the dead. Let us today in his footsteps die for others in some certain things. CHRIST IS THE KING. JESU BU EZE. A King with Difference. THANKS AND HAPPY CHRIST THE KING.

No comments:

Post a Comment