Monday 28 March 2022

THE OVER COAT by Brendan Amadi



I buttoned the overcoat round her shoulders.

I plunged into her webs of vapour

In between her hamas

Which by these times formed veils between the trees.

As she ascended the adjoining slope’

She could hear the rustling of the branches

I felt calm, in thought.

Imagined her beautiful creature!

My gaze in thought. Continue Reading.......

In battle to distract my attention

A thought I remained in dissergy

What a best summer one

In her movement! I get twisted

With the setting of the moon

The pale light lessened,

She became invisible as she fell

Into reverie upon the leaves

Where I had left her!

About the Poet

Brendan Chinonso Amadi hails from Amogwu-Aku, Enugu State Nigeria. He is a renowned Author, Writer and Human Rights Activist. He holds a Diploma in Latin Language from the Pontificate Urban University Rome, Italy and Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy with First Class Honours, Imo State University Owerri. He is a Blogger and a TV Presenter in NTA Channel 12 Uyo. He is an Award winner in Literature and possesses many laurels in his archive. He is a bonefied member of these associations; African Writers Series, Association of Nigerian Authors and Writers Space for Africa- Nigeria (WSA- N). Kindly get across to his scholarly writings in the following webites; www.machinep.com,

nonsoamadii.blogspot.com, izunwaonuh.blogspot.com, tobeeze.blogspot.com

e-mail: brendanalex89@gmail.com

Skype ID: Brendan Amadi

WhatsApp ID: +2348106510387

Phone Numbers: +2348038453395


No comments:

Post a Comment